Rev. Cary P. Grant, son of Fred and Ruth Grant of Pewaukee, Wisconsin, was born May 13, 1953. He is the youngest of four brothers and one sister. He attended Pewaukee Elementary School and graduated from Pewaukee High School in 1971.
He enrolled at Northwestern College, Watertown, Wisconsin in the fall of 1971 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1975.
He then entered Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary at Mequon, Wisconsin. In June of 1979 he graduated from the seminary with a Master of Divinity degree. He spent his "vicar year" of in-service training under Rev. Raymond Zimmermann at Grace Lutheran Church, Glendale, Arizona in 1977-1978.
He was assigned to serve Faith Ev. Lutheran Church, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, (a newly formed mission congregation of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod), by the Michigan District Mission Board after graduating from the seminary. He was the congregation's first resident Pastor. He was set apart and ordained as a Minister of the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Sunday, July 22nd, 1979. During his 9-1/2 years at Faith, the congregation grew from 21 communicant members to 76 communicant members. During this period, the congregation also purchased land, and constructed a small worship facility and parsonage.
On November 13, 1988, he accepted the divine call from St. John’s Ev. Lutheran Church, Battle Creek, Michigan to serve as their new pastor. Pastor Grant was installed as the Pastor of St. John’s on Sunday, December 11th, 1988.
Pastor Grant was married to Jean Dickinson of Owosso, Michigan, in June of 1982. Mrs. Jean Grant is a graduate of Dr. Martin Luther College, New Ulm, Minnesota. She received her Masters Degree in Elementary Education from Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan in 1988. Jean works as a Para-pro at Purdy Elementary School, Pennfield, Michigan.
Pastor and Mrs Grant have a son, Christopher and a daughter, Cortney.